I Hate Jill Zarin The Real Housewives of New York – The Blogs.
Kelly Bensimon: This woman really is an idiot, she can’t write worth a damn yet has had three books published and another in the works. No one has read them, mind you, but she keeps on writing….
I arrived late to Jill’s surprise birthday party because I was hosting a party for Parker Pens. They in turn donated 10,000 pens to underprivileged school children. I was honored to be apart of the Parker Pen opportunity, which is why I gushed during my speech — though you only saw my apology to the guests. Awkward!! I actually got a pen for my college graduation and am obsessed with the written word, and handwritten notes.
I certainly hope her Parker Pen event was more than a company giving pens to underprivileged children, I mean come on, a pen? I realize you shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth but if these kids are really hurting with no school supplies, clothing or food, etc I certainly hope someone handed them more than a lousy pen! Leave it to Kelly to find the most pathetic event to be involved in, or possibly she didn’t explain it right? Her involvement is why she “gushed” at Jill’s party? Needless to say Kelly had nothing intelligent to say.
Luann deLesseps –
Ready for the shocker? From Lulu’s blog:
Ramona’s impression of Jill was over the top and pretty funny, but I don’t think Jill thought so. I guess she couldn’t resist once she had the red wig on her head.
WOW, I never expected to hear this from Luann, I thought for sure she would spank Ramona for making fun of Jill at her own birthday party or for being too loud, I guess every once in a while someone will surprise you.
Simon’s hypnotherapy session was interesting to watch because of its brevity. How did Simon fall under the hypnotherapist’s spell so quickly? Smoking is very unhealthy, and I wish Simon the best as he tries to kick the habit.
And the genius falls…I’m sure they didn’t show the entire process of putting Simon under hypnosis, it was probably edited for television. Smoking is indeed very unhealthy Luann, you should quit too!
More from Luann:
When I watched Bobby confront Simon at Avery’s party, I thought that Bobby was very gracious and very clear about how he wants his wife to be treated. Good for Bobby for sticking up for Jill.
Yes, Bobby was very clear about how he wants his wife to be treated, but when will Bobby acknowledge the way his wife treats others? Oh and who gives a damn what Bobby wants? With all due respect to Bobby Zarin who seems like a perfectly nice guy, if you want your wife treated with adoration and respect, she should begin by being worthy, then she should treat others as she wants to be treated herself….yes, I’m sure I’ve read that somewhere….
I understand Avery had reached a moment where it was time for us to move to the private “parents room,” but for Kelly to get between Ramona and her daughters relationship is wrong and to make further comments was wrong. I would have let Avery vent on me and left it at that. I would not make more out of it then it was.
Thank you Sonja, this is well said! Kelly is really getting her nose in the middle of everything this season, maybe she got a good scare last season when there was a lot of talk about her not doing another season due to last season’s breakdown. Kelly’s trying to be relevant in an environment where she is clearly NOT relevant.
I know LuAnn would have loved me there for her daughter’s party but she always cancels me last minute, so I am sure she understood. We have that kind of social friendship. If we make it, great, if we can’t it’s fine.
This is brilliant, the same kind of little digs that Luann likes to give to everyone else, now Lulu is the recipient.
SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE! THE PINOT HAS NOT MADE IT TO THE SWEET 16 — AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I guess karma came around (for at least a “scare”) when Ramona’s 99 cases didn’t show up during the walk-through of her Avery’s Sweet 16. Even SHE couldn’t get her Pinot Grigio at the right place at the right time! I wonder if she went around town complaining about herself. . .hmmmm?
This woman is a complete moron! An entire hour show of three parties and your smelly self yet this is what you choose to write an entire paragraph about? Could you not find anything else to attack Ramona about? This woman needs to shut the hell up and go away forever!
Cindy goes on to make excuses about her horrible body odor, she says the sweatshirt hadn’t been worn in a year (did you store it in moth balls or what?) and that she worked out before working out with Alex…blah blah blah. Get yourself some deodorant!
This woman is desperate for people to sign up for her newsletter, does she need money that badly? WOW! We’ve all seen the ugly picture of your dog Jill, you flashed it on-screen during WWHL, you must really love it since you gave it away. I thought you said it had a prominent place in your living room? Now it will be hidden on the set of WWHL just like the photo you framed that Andy ensures isn’t seen on-screen. Poor Andy! I think it’s time we encouraged Andy to redecorate the set on Watch What Happens Live. (Note to Jill Zarin: Andy Cohen does not like your dog, get over it!)
Ramona thought that LuAnn having Victoria’s party at a night club was inappropriate since to get into a club normally you need to be 21. I thought that was silly. People rent out nightclubs for private parties all the time. Obviously when it’s an under-age party there is no alcohol served.
Jill Zarin is obsessed with Ramona Singer. Why can’t Jill just give her own opinions of the parties, why give us Ramona’s opinion then criticize it? We heard Ramona, Jill, we know what she said! Get a grip!
Ramona rented a raw space and turned it into a club so Kelly and I didn’t see the difference.
Now you’re speaking for Kelly? Are you that insecure about your own statements and opinions that you have to put words in Kelly’s mouth? Kelly can articulate her own opinions, oh wait…..nevermind.
Jill rambles on…
Both Victoria and Avery looked lovely and their enjoyment of their birthday is all that matters in the end. As a gift, we gave them each a lovely black rope bracelet with a sterling silver drop from Kwiat Jewelers, where all the proceeds go to charity.
So in the end the only thing that matters is that the two 16-year old’s enjoyed their parties yet you have to brag about what you bought them? Will you ever learn to shut the hell up? Is it always about you and what you did for others? You connect Sonja with your sister, you bought the girls a birthday gift, you told Bobby to confront Simon about the “hate blog”! Thanks for that, by the way!
Jill turned what Bobby said into an entirely different issue, she has realized in hindsight that bringing up this blog was not a great idea for her purposes so she changed it to read that Simon “mean tweeted” to her (and again adds Kelly) but that is NOT what Bobby said…
In the final scene of the episode you see Bobby, Simon, and Mario at the bar. Bobby had been hearing from multiple sources that Simon was heavily engaging in mean tweeting of Kelly and me. Bobby rarely interferes with any any of this as he generally thinks it’s all nonsense. Bobby on his own felt that he needed to have an adult conversation with Simon asking him nicely to stop this behavior. Simon agreed and shook Bobby’s hand. Clearly, Simon was not sincere and is still mean tweeting the both of us.
Simon is “mean tweeting” both of you? I’d love to see what Simon “mean tweeted” to Jill and Kelly! In fact if I remember correctly we all gave Simon a hard time for trying to help the dim-witted Kelly on Twitter. Jill is such a hypocrite, she posts a mean poll on her Facebook page about Ramona and tweets mean things to Ramona all the time, yet she is the one being cyber-bullied?
This is cast mates snarking at and criticizing each other, Kelly Bensimon called Andy Cohen a liar on Twitter last season. Simon calls them out when they’re caught lying or contradicting themselves, how is that bullying? Most people on Twitter do that, including Jill Zarin! It’s ironic that Jill calls Ramona a hypocrite, Jill is the ultimate hypocrite!
Cyber bullying is a serious issue and many teens are devastated by what is happening. Teens are creating horrible web sites about their class mates and bashing them relentlessly causing kids to drop out of school and worse. How can Jill take such a serious issue and try to play victim yet again?
We talked about Alex’s blog in yesterday’s blog but I just wanted to re-post this one line:
If you tweet nice things or garbage, at a Bravolebrity or anyone else in the public eye, chances are they or their fans will see it. I get tons of love and hate every week. Here’s what I DON’T do. I don’t assume that the negative stuff is written by, supported by, or controlled by my castmates. When you assume, you make an A-S-S out of U and ME.
Alex is right here, to a point, we have some evidence that Jill is behind some of the nasty posts to Alex as well as some of the “lovey dovey” posts to Jill herself. Allegedly.
Still no blog from Ramona Singer, I’m interested to see what she has to say about this episode.
If you missed Carly and I discussing Thursday’s Real Housewives of New York, you can listen here: http://tiny.cc/tph30
Because you asked…Some blog statistics, I think we can easily thank Bobby Zarin for the increase, who would have thought…
Subscriptions: 655 subscriptions
Total views of posts on your blog today (Fri, June 24) 33,552
2,782,896 views all-time
WordPress annually sets up a page at the end of the year that allows you to easily publish with stats for the year. This blog started in May of 2010 and I did publish it, here are the year end stats for last year 2010: http://wp.me/pVOhN-l7
Reposting Rich Amons blog in case anyone missed it:
ManRules Reality Show Lessons Learned-Part One by Rich Amons
Since Real Housewives of DC was not reelected to a second term, I mean, not “Renewed” for a second season by Bravo TV powers that be, I have had ample time to reflect on what I could have done better in my role as a DC Househusband that could have possibly helped the show garner a second season. It’s a sharp blow to my outsized ego not to at least be asked to step up and fill in for the Major Asshat role of Natasha and Boris Bedonov on the DC version in a Season Two scenario for which I thought I was well suited. This left me with time to spare since I have had no lines to memorize, no hair or manscaping to tend to, no wardrobe issues, Botox injections and laserlipo appointments to make, no acting classes to take to prepare for the role of playing myself, etc.. So it gave me time to contemplate my navel, I mean, contemplate the reality show universe and how I could improve if ever given another shot at 15 minutes of Fame….
I have been carefully studying BevHills, OC, NJ and NYC shows for Man Rule Clues and tips for reality show success so when ESPN-10 starts up it’s slate of reality based programming, I will be ready with head shot and resume in hand…. with 20/20 Hindsight, these are some notes to myself I thought I would share for comment and discussion;
1) Be Present During Filming- instead of taking kids to travel tournaments, school outings, and tending to work related issues, like work, I should have been more present in the daily filming and insisted on travelling everywhere with Mary to provide constant emotional support(and light make up touch ups-like holding her lipstick), security protection from Flying Vino glasses, drunken accusations and pretzel logic, as well being able to help discern the proper temperature and stemware to serve the Chardonnay v. Cabernet at the end of a long day of filming. I could also play the role of A-Hole, well, 1) Because I am good at it, while Mary is far too nice, naïve, and gracious(and a clean freak on top of it all) to throw mud around while I am extremely comfortable in making deserving people feel uncomfortable and; 2) Well, I am very good at being an A-hole- ask my kids… Honey Badger Parenting at it’s finest… 😉
ManRule Reality Show Failure –Be Camera Ready at all Times, Cancel Real Life!
2) Wardrobe- I should have taken a page out of Mauricio (as taught to him by Matt McConaughey) book and simply removed my shirt for pivotal family scene’s (Don’t get me wrong, Mauricio seems great, total man crush on the dude, great John Turtorro-Gilad Jaklowicz upgrade). Bravo Camera’s were unavailable (Expensive and the Cameraman were afraid of sand & water…you know who you are -B_atches) for my surfing safari’s where I often wear just surf trunks, wetsuits or rash gaurds at most, so mostly half naked, and which as we all learned from watching Kelly Slater on Baywatch, means just one thing,(No, not getting to sleep with Pamela Anderson!) RATING’S GOLD! It’s no secret I prefer to wear a Speedo under my surf trunks as I prefer my wedding tackle to feel secure in rough water environments which often leads to trunk malfunctions and glimpse’s of a my Bar Stool Squat Honed Backside which can be cross marketed to male and female audiences alike to increase the audience base which I am perfectly ok with if tastefully done…..
Man Rule Reality Show Failure- Lose the Shirt, wear a dress and heels, don a sock, get ratings! So simple and yet I failed on this account big time!
3) Location Shooting- Vegas Baby- the show needed to get out from the Washington, DC Beltway, an alternative universe if there ever was one, and out into the real world of where rich people congregate and congratulate themselves on being rich and talk about the next new place they can over develop. The Hampton’s, NYC, Santa Barbara,Nantucket, Golf at Pebble Beach or Bandon Dunes, Fly Fishing in Bimini, Dude Ranching in Montana, Surfing in Costa Rica, etc…. Audiences seem to love these trips on Reality Shows as everyone is more relaxed and laid back and are able to get in more candid and alcohol and Xanax( Palindrome- triple word score!) fueled passionate discussions on life, love, and the pursuit of happiness and leave their petty poor self esteem driven white girl issues behind them so we can truly connect with them as people who are just like the rest of us…. What? That’s not true? Oh, well, sorry I am not sorry, but you have to admit, exotic trips to Morocco and Virgin Islands and All Star weekends in Vegas do help the fur fly and the ratings soar!
Man Rule Reality Show Failure- when in Reality Show Ratings Doubt- ROADTRIP!
4) Drop a Beat or Two- I failed to drop a beat by releasing a Club Mix Trip-Hop single and following it up with appearances at clubs where boyz outnumber women 3-1. I know people in the music biz and they are very talented and successful and have their own studio’s etc., but did I do it? Noooo, I was afraid even Auto Tune couldn’t help my tone deaf vocal chords but that was pure vanity on my part as it hasn’t stopped anyone else from dropping singles of varied quality! As far as clubbing it up, I love clubs where the bass is making my chest explode, and the treble ripping to shreds my eardrums (and what’s left of my hearing!) and being served drinks by topless male bartenders. Why do I love these places, It’s my best chance to spend quality time with Mary and Lolly on a Summer night in Ibiza! Say what you will about “ The Gay’s” they can dance, talk, drink and keep a party going all night long so husbands don’t have to! (Actually that’s my only real major concern with Marriage Equality legislation, if common sense prevails and it passes in more Blue States, will increased civil rights like marriage take the Party out of the “Community” and they become boring, predictable and straight? Careful what you wish for Bitches, but I digress big time!) Again, I didn’t take one for the team, big mistake!
ManRule Reality Show Failure- Don’t fear Auto Tune or clubs named Firehouse, FirePole or some variation of a Fireman and Mustache, Bears v. Twinks themes, it’s Bravo, it’s a safe place.
5) Family Scenes- our family is very, very large and diverse, we can amuse ourselves forhours making fun of whoever just got up and left the room… that is not true, house rules are “Say it to their face or don’t say it”, which can make for interesting “discussions”. Now, that’s not to say that lingering and long festering Family of Origin Issues would be raised on camera at parties or in the back of limo’s, or a fist fight would break out by the Punch Bowl at the Annual Family Festivus, but our family is not only large in number, but large in physical size, so fist fighting is best left to people who believe they still have something to prove from High School, we would rather verbally tick each other off, but off camera, which didn’t bode well for ratings…
ManRule Reality Show Failure- Add Real Family Fighting/Yelling Scenes better left off camera to the mix…
6) Borrow Concepts that Work and Make Them Your Own- I noticed that Wine Spilling, although a definite ManRule Violation on RHoDC, was brushed off and polished up and made ready for prime time for RHWoOC. Chicks flinging wine on each other works (even the now over done, Bravo Central Casting BFF gay sidekick throwing wine back was amusing) so imitation can be the sincerest form of flattery and help the ratings. But I think you need to be careful what you borrow, dinner in Napa is romantic, I’m down with that, but underwater bubble bath scene dealio’s, I felt like I fell asleep watching Showtime and woke up at 3AM to Lady Chatterley’s Lover Part 6- bad soft porn! I don’t want to know what anyone does behind closed doors, much less Bravolebrities! Stay Classy Bravo! Dogs Work- I love Lolly’s dog Kona and felt Giggy the Pom stole the show (Sorry Lisa&Ken- I will adopt Giggy in a heartbeat and knit him sweaters all day long), but like the old Hollywood adage of warning against “working with children and animals”, it can be dicey, so be careful!
ManRule Reality Show Failure- Borrow liberally for what works, but be careful, table flipping is not for everyone and should be considered as advanced as having a psychic show up for a dinner party!
7) Celebrity Bloggers- RHoNJ get’s Jay Mohr to blog?? I mean, c’mon, how unfair is that, to get ripped on by professional Comedian only helps ratings! I know Jay is Joey Gorga’s Heterosexual Life Mate and maybe this was some “package” deal worked out as part of the WWHL appearance, but not for nuthin, more comedians ripping on Bravo Shows please, if Bravo Andy can arrange it, he should. Liquid Ratings Gold! ManRule Reality Show Failure- didn’t recruit a comedic blogger,or NY Magazine or even Richard from Gawker could have worked well, even Jeff Lewis, keep it in the Bravo Frat House, would have been great. The crux of the shows are “ Real Life is Funny” or maybe that’s just me, but highlight the absurdity and stop blaming the editing! So many reality show lessons to be learned, so little time to learn them, I will need to create a new chapter in my ManRules book called “Reality Shows- Know Before You Go” to provide some hopefully helpful guidance to the new and upcoming reality stars as it’s a growing market and the best experience is garnered from watching other’s mistakes. As you all know, I have a AssHat for every day of the year so if I can help others avoid mistakes, then my work on behalf of Reality TV is complete. Stay tuned for my next blog- “How to Handle A Reality Show Reunion with Class and Dignity” followed by “Reality Show Reunions-Total Sh*TShows”. Til next time, follow me on Twitter @RichAmons and look out for my “under construction.”
ManRules website soon for more babble and drivel. Mazel Mazel People!
Thank you so much for sharing your blog with us Rich! How can you not love this guy! Bravo really needs to find a place for Rich Amons! I’m honored that you allowed me to post your blog here! Hysterical! Lynn~
Some other sites that had interesting takes on the show:
Real City Housewife @putyourhairup on Twitter:
Really Old Housewife @Realoldhouswife on Twitter:
I have to thank one more time, Terry Aley who allowed me to guest blog on his site many months ago, visit his site here:
TVTime101 @Imajustsaying On Twitter
New York Magazine on line:
NY State Senate approves MarriageEquality bill! It just goes to show that parading around New York City in wedding gowns can pay off!
Stop by tomorrow, Quincy has a special blog that I know you’ll enjoy! We’ll also preview the New Jersey babes…
Until Next Time…